Reportedly a woman reported that her Samsung Galaxy Note 9 caught fire in her purse. This is the first reported incident on the Note 9 catching fire.

Screenshot 2018-09-15 at 23.33.21

   According to the New York Post, Diane Chung claimed that the Note 9 started getting hot before she put it in her bag. After that she noticed a sound and then smoke. Her fingers were burnt trying to empty her bag. A nearby person grabbed the phone and dropped it in water.

Samsung introduced a multi-step safety check for their batteries. This was put into place after the Note 7 incident. According to Samsung’s CEO, “the battery is safer than ever”.

Screenshot 2018-09-15 at 23.34.27

   Personally I would like to agree with Samsung. They seem to have this battery thing under control. But I am not ready to rule this a hoax just yet. People quickly took sides during the Note 7 incident and we saw how that went. For now, I will just say let the investigation run its course. The facts will come out about what really happened, and then we can judge from there.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

You May Also Like

This is Samsung Innovation

  Samsung has been innovating and changing the landscape of technology. With…

Nexus-Pixel phone history: The Pixel Saga

Google finally was ready to enter the flagship market, with a phone…

Apple has a feature I would love see its way to Chrome

For the most part I am an Android guy. It is all…